Featuring local artists, artisans and craft.
Brought to you by KhudKaar and Daastan,
in collaboration with DEMO and
DICE Creative Hubs Program by British Council
Layyah has been one of most neglected cities of South Punjab where talented people are unable to earn a decent living. Lack of awareness, access to opportunities and absence of digital infrastructure has further worsened the situation.
Daastan has teamed up with KhudKaar House – Layyah’s first community center to launch incubation programs to teach modern digital skills of creative industry to local youth and provide them with hi-tech digital devices and hi-speed internet so they can unlock global opportunities.
We have developed Layyah 2.0 Charter to engage the local government and academia to work for a common vision; to uplift Layyah out of poverty by 2030. Lit’Tech Layyah is the first step to gather everyone and communicate our vision to transform Layyah as the Creative Capital of South!
Series of workshops by the domain experts from Pakistan and across borders will be broadcasted on Daastan’s social handles for the people of Layyah to learn modern digital skills, trends and connect with professionals for career guidance.
8th March: Unsung Heroes of Layyah
- Speakers: Wardah Noor, Founder KhudKaar; Raheela Maryam, Political Worker; Misbah Shafi, LUMS
10th March: Envisioning Layyah 2.0
- Speakers: Wardah Noor, Founder KhudKaar; Syed Ommer Amer, Founder Daastan
11th March: Sustainable Fashion
- Speakers: Pamela Meiji, Founder Phinix; Syed Ommer Amer, Founder Daastan
12th March: Career Growth Opportunities
- Speakers: Syed Ommer Amer, Founder Daastan; Idrees Qureshi, Founder Opportunities Circle
12th March: Artists of South Punjab
Speakers: Wardah Noor, Founder KhudKaar; Zeeshan Manzoor, Poet; and Sultan Manzoor, Singer
13th March: Using LinkedIN Like a Pro
- Speakers: Karishma Zakaullah, Founder Unidesk; Anahita Hossieni; MOVER Iran
14th March: Photography for Instagrammers
- Speakers: Ms. Samin Alam, Marketing Manager Daastan
15th March: Professional Networking Ethics
- Speakers: Syed Ommer Amer, Founder Daastan; Dinh-Long Pham, Founder Life Line Podcast
16th March: The Stories of South Punjab
Speakers: Ali Sheikh and Sijdah Hussain, Published Author; Samin Alam, Marketing Manager Daastan
17th March: Building Scalable Social Enterprises
- Speakers: Alina Alam, Founder Mitti Cafe; Syed Ommer Amer, Founder Daastan
20th March: Designing your brand
- Speakers: Mulaiqa Qureshi, Marketing Associate Daastan; Anum Ameer, Founder Arty.Zone
25th March: Art as language
Speakers: Mulaiqa Qureshi, Marketing Associate Daastan; Emil Husnain, Illustrator at The Last Word Bookshop
Series of workshops by the domain experts from Pakistan and across borders which were broadcasted on Daastan’s social handles for the people of Layyah to learn modern digital skills, trends and connect with professionals for career guidance.
A six hour long creative festival where the legends of South Punjab performed their best work in local language. With a 250+ gender balanced audience featuring two dozen Saraiki artists was indeed South Punjab’s biggest creative festival!
Do you want to collaborate, participate or contribute in our vision of eliminating poverty from Layyah by 2030?
Talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org